Thursday, June 9, 2011

wow has anyone else's mail been slow this week ?

I think my mail has been awfully slow this week , could it be the fires out there in arizona effecting the mail delivery ? maybe cause they were saying on the news this morning about how it could possibly affect things as far away as texas . Boy I sure hope not because I have quite a few friends in Texas and know that it has been having a drought beyond belief . I know we in Ohio almost hit 100 degrees yesterday , now I have been told that is rare . Of course the humidity here in Ohio is nothing compared to what I have lived with in Florida . 98 here I can breathe, in florida I could not . Anyways Im thinking those fires in Arizona are effecting the mail and has anyone else noticed how bad the weather has been all over the country ? I think we are starting to feel the effects of global warming and how we as man have been messing with the eco system . OOPS ! im starting on my conspiracy theory as my husband calls it . LOL !!!
Anyways I will leave my readers with a delish dinner recipe and a quote .
Skillet Beef Enchilada
Ingredients:1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 (13 oz.) can chicken broth
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cup Minute Rice
1/2 cup sour cream
8 flour tortillas,

Directions:Brown beef and onion in large skillet, for about 5 minutes. Add beans, broth, and taco mix. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve with tortillas. 4 servings.

A thing is mighty big when time and distance cannot shrink it." — Zora Neale Hurston

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, I got your mail. :) You are one of the sweetest people I know. Thank you for the feathers! They're are most precious, and I will add them to my collection album after I show them off a bit. They are the most colorful of all. I have one from a blue jay but the rest are from mockingbirds, doves, and the largest is the buzzard. The only exotic is a peacock feather but I bought it from Texas Art Supply. LOL.

    Thanks again, and hug yourself for me. :)

    ReplyDelete