Thursday, July 16, 2015

well now without further delay ....

One of my readers asked me what was in my curio cabinet that was shown on yesterdays blog . Well now there is one piece imparticular that has special meaning to me .and it is
this cast iron pot Is a miniature
it belonged to a small cast iron stove playset that belonged to my grandmother when she was a little girl and it also had belonged to her mother as a little girl over the years the stove and the rest of the play set has disappeared but I have hung on to this piece with dear life because of the rest of the playset is gone and it is a lasting piece of my grandmothers and great grandmothers childhood .
 
These miniature pieces were collected from
Rose tea brand tea and I love all the miniatures they put out .
now the noahs ark I found in a thrift store . The sailboat and the divers helmet are from rose tea .
now the wheel and the treasure chest are also from rose tea and the little mail truck my husband found somewhere and he gave it to me since I am the letter writer in the house .
 
So there you have it my dear readers that is what is in my curio cabinet and I still have room for more .
 

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. I read about the tea toys in Call the Midwife. I think it was that one. I've never seen the tea brand though. Where do you buy it?

    Your husband is a cool dude for that! LOL.

    ReplyDelete