Monday, August 21, 2017

The rat pack

Now in case some of my readers are under 50 you probably did not know that the rat pack consisted of a bunch of crooners by the names of Joey Bishop , Peter Lawford , Frank Sinatra , Sammy Davis Jr, and last of all but not least of all a fellow name Jerry Lewis . Now the rat pack is complete in Heaven . This kind of ends an era for me . My Grandmother happened to love all of these fellows because their group and music was just that Good . Yes they were because I remember sitting on a porch on a Saturday morning with a dear bunch of ladies getting their hair done by my grandmother and those ladies buying me more coke and peanuts than I knew what to do with . The radio would always be on and the music of the rat pack would permeate the back porch and yard . I cannot tell you how I can still smell the scent of aqua net and  perm solution and it takes me back LOL . Now let me tell you how Las Vegas treated Sammy Davis back in those days , all the hotels in Las Vegas mainly on the strip would not let Mr. Davis have a hotel room , why you ask , because he was black plain and simple and that was all and I must say bravo to Joey Bishop because he did not patronage any hotel that would deny a room to anyone because of the color of their skin.. This post came about with the death of Jerry Lewis yesterday at the ripe old age of 91 . I hope he rests in peace and he sees all his old friends again . Just think of all those muscular dystrophy kids he helped by raising money with his telethons . I hope those same kids remember him with fondness . Okay that is all for now folks take care dear readers .

No comments:

Post a Comment