Saturday, September 30, 2017

The downfall of america

I had a conversation about this with some friends while at dinner the other night and I happen to think it is a good subject to talk about . I was standing in line while at the grocery store a dad and his teenage son were having a discussion . The dad told the son he was only 16 and he did not need a job cause he was playing sports and getting good grades . I disagree firmly . I mean after all it says in the bible if you don't work you don't eat . I think he is doing his son a disservice by not letting him work at a job and also maintain grades , good grades that is . Sports is okay for a side line but clearly everyone should be taught how to work . That is how the world works . In essence we as parents make our teenagers lazy by not demanding that they work and become a contributing member of society . Instead parents make excuses for their children by claiming "I want them to be happy at their jobs " . who is happy at their job not very many people I know . I think parents are setting a bad standard when not allowing their teenagers to work . I cannot believe how many don't . I have worked since I was 16 yrs old . My mother put us to work cleaning other peoples houses at 1.50 an hour . did we like it ? no but we had to work and we also had to give our mother half of what we earned . She was teaching us to pay bills and to take care of our own homes .Seeing how little we had left taught us priorities and how to get them in place . These teenagers who are allowed to stay home and do nothing are not learning a darn thing but the fact that their parents are going to take care of them . Listen up folks some of these parents need a wakeup call . If you are one of them , change things and you will be glad you did .

No comments:

Post a Comment