Thursday, February 4, 2010

Okay I chimed in on the o show

Hi everyone , I did leave my comment on the oprah show website . I hope I did us proud . Please go take a look and let me know if I dropped the ball or hit the nail on the head . I was inspired by Nicole , our of our d mom crew . She also left a comment . I wanted to make a point also about how much ignorance and misconception we face everyday as being type 1 diabetics and how some ppl make think that we brought this disease on ourselves . I also wanted to make a point about how some tv shows in the past that Ms . Winfrey has done have not been of great importance . Oh well . Now I have changed my background again and find it only fitting since I am also a book nut , better known as a voracious reader . LOL !!! Well be carefull out there among them english and negative ghost rider .

2 comments:

  1. I thought your comment was very appropriate. I hated growing up with T1 and hearing all the ignorant, misguided, or even outdated things people said when they found out. Now that I'm an adult I really get sick of being mistaken for a T2 just because I'm an adult. For a disease that affects an estimated 23 million people, you would think people would have a better idea of what it is, the difference between the types, and what causes it. You're right that these shows only perpetuate misguided stereotypes. Yep, good job with your comment!

    By the way, your background is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job, thanks for taking the time to tell Oprah your point of view :) love the back ground !!

    ReplyDelete