Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All over the charts again

Hey do we ever get a break from this crappy disease ? I mean today I have been all over the charts regardless of what I have eaten and believe me I look and log it all . I am just so tired of doing this day after day and am so praying everyday for a cure ,
I want to let ppl know right now that insulin is not a cure it is a treatment . did everyone hear that ? it is not a cure it is a treatment . I am so done with this horrible disease , it is a battle everyday . when we as type 1s put our feet on the floor every morning it is like we ask ourselves okay what battle are we going to face today ? will we be chasing highs or lows or what ? well everyday is a food battle too . dont eat this , dont eat that . ah and the reveered juice box that is our saving grace , is it not ? I love the days when I am actually in control today does not happen to be one of those days . One minute I am high and the next I am low .I still dont have this figured out after 32 yrs . I feel so worn out some days and just feel like crawling back into bed and sleeping these days away but I dont and I trod on through and try to make it and that is what we are all doing untill we get a CURE !!! Not insulin !!! A CURE !!!!
Okay I am done venting now and be carefull out there among them english .

6 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry you've had a rough day. If it makes you feel better, Jada's been running high ALL DAY LONG- so you're not alone. :( I'll hate this disease right along with you!
    ((HUGS))!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. Frikkin' disease. I so want it to just go away. To not think. To just be. Just do. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's rough all around out there! I simply can NOT imagine 32 years of this awful disease. I pray for that cure so that you, and my little girl and all other T1's out there are FREE from the stress and the torture of living each second with diabetes. Hang in there...
    Thanks for visiting my blog! Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to prevent becoming type 2, and doing well at keeping in check. Everyone on my Dad's side of the family has had diabetes 2 since their 30s, and I don't have it yet, and my dad kept his at bay until he turned 70. I know he does quite well, I am sorry you are having a hard time with your levels. It is a crappy disease and I have a cousin who lost a leg to the disease at 40... I hope you get back on track...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand, a bit, about your struggle. I grew up with my dad being a "brittle" diabetic (type 1) & I have, since I was in 4th grade, hypoglycemia. I know those lows are very scary.

    ReplyDelete