Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wow another blog brought back a memory for me

After reading someone else's blog I remembered what had happened a few yrs ago at a bakery in Jacksonville florida . I was attending a friends wedding when this happened . we all had come into town for a few days and were chatting at a bakery and enjoying coffee and cupcakes . well when I got mine I scraped all the icing off and I was getting stares from the lady who baked the cupcakes . I smiled and she gave me the nastiest look and I said "I'm sorry did I do something to offend you ? " her response was hell yes you scraped the icing off of my damn cupcake, what the hell is wrong with you ? I told her I was sorry but I am not able to eat the icing because of my blood sugar . She told me that I had no business in her bakery then and me and my friends should go immediately . So we did . I have a friend who lives in Jax and she says the bakery went out of business and I thought to myself gee I wonder why LOL !! Maybe because you had such a hatefull b*tch running the place . Oh well just my rant for the day . I might post again today if I get something delicious in the mail . Be carefull out there among them english folks .

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog! :) I'm guessing you found me through Joanne's (Death of a Pancreas). How long have you been type one? I have a sister (28, diagnosed in 2nd grade) and a brother (34, diagnosed in 7th grade) who are type one. I came across Joanne's somehow and just kept reading her. T1 stinks as it is, but for a little two year old girl, ugh, ugh, ugh.

    As for your post, that is seriously ridiculous. I mean, I could see where she could ask in a concerned/customer-service-type voice as far as being worried that it tastes bad, but even when she found out your reason that she'd still be so rude? Ridiculous.

    Hang in there,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG! They kicked you out for scraping off the icing? Seems like karma got them in the end, though...

    ReplyDelete